I started my Journey in Peru in January 2014 where I spent the first full month travelling the 80 km length of the Sacred Valley from village to village, starting in Pisac and ending in the magnificent lost Inca city of Machu Picchu. I toured Peru for another month visiting the floating islands of Lake Titicaca and the surfing village of Mancora on the north coast bordering Ecuador.
From there I crossed the border by bus and spent a month in Ecuador, where I got deadly sick with amoebas (parasites). After four courses of antibiotics I was still ill, but continued my travels spending six months in Colombia, living for three months in the beautiful city of Medellin where I studied Spanish at the UPB university.
I continued my journey north, stopping in Panama for a week, before arriving in Guatemala where I lived for two months on the magical Lake Atitlan surrounded by a few volcanoes, one of them active. In the Mayan village of San Marcos, situated on he shores of the Lake, I encountered a Shaman who healed me with natural products, energy work and emotional work. The Universe got my attention. This experience opened me up to the invincible world and for the next four years, I visited 35 countries, over 5 continents, to attend workshops, initiations and trainings including:
- Spiritual Sexual Shamanism initiations with the International School of the Temple Arts in Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Scotland and Ireland
- Yoga Nidra training in India
- Reiki initiation in India
- Siddha Kundalini initiation in India
- Crystal and Sacred Geometry Energy training in India
- Shamanic journey into the Heart training in India
- Quantum Exploration Studies in India
- Sacred Sexuality in Israel
- Plant medicine journeys in South America (Ayahuaska), Czech Republic (San Pedro) and the Swiss Alps (Iboga)
- A month long Tribal Tantra facilitator training programme in Koh Phangan, Thailand
- Osho Meditation Centres and Osho teachings in Bali, Greece and Portugal
- I took Sannyas at the Osho Festival in Portugal and was given a new name, Anugyan, which means Knowledge of Bliss
- Tantra teachings in Hawaii, Australia and IbIza
- Enneagram studies and Lucid dreaming training in the UK
- Mindscape and Beyond Right Brain training in South Africa
- Claustrophobic sweat lodge ceremonies in Thailand, South Africa and the Czech Republic
During my travels I also immersed myself in the teachings and writings of Osho, Gary Zukav, Eckhart Tolle, Dr Wayne Dyer, Shri Prashant, Sadhguru, Drunvalo Melschizedek, Sasha Cobra, Teal Swan, Bentinho Massaro and many more.
I have written a book about my experiences including my playboy lifestyle in Cape Town, the difficulty and confusion when the massive internal shift occurred in me, the decision to walk away from it all, starting the outer journey all around the world whilst doing the tough deep inner journey at the same time. It includes my two-year period of celibacy at the start of my travels, my travels to fascinating places and my learnings at each place. It’s a story of personal expansion and awakening, of surrender, of trust and of transformation.
The journey continues but now with the added dimension of sharing the learnings and insights of my ongoing journey with the world.